THE VARIETY OF BELIEFS WITHIN CHRISTIANITY TODAY
Foundational Courses (Level 1) -TH10603 - 1.5 Credits
Ministry in the 21st Century is characterized by bridging sometimes wide and sometimes subtle differences in beliefs, languages of faith, and individual experience.
The dimensions of those differences can be rooted in theological understanding and reflected by different cultural, ethnic, and life experiences. This course allows participants to explore the evolution of differences within their own experience while also considering several dimensions of diversity and differences likely to be encountered in ministry today.
- To identify dimensions of diversity within their own experience.
- To appreciate dimensions of diversity and theological differences within the broader Christian tradition.
- To understand the role that race and ethnicity can play in theological differences.
- To articulate Christian ritual in a way that it can be apprehended by those unfamiliar with the Christian tradition.
- To give examples of the diverse nature of religious beliefs in Christianity.
- To discuss the experience of people who refer to themselves as spiritual but not religious.
- The Bible (translation of your choice and access to a variety of translations online)