PATHWAYS Theological Education, Inc. welcomes participants of all backgrounds and abilities. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), a person is considered to have a disability if that individual (1) has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities; (2) has a record of having such an impairment; or (3) is regarded as having such an impairment.
What are accommodations? Accommodations are adjustments and modifications that provide participants with disabilities equal access to courses and programs. However, accommodations do not guarantee an outcome or a level of achievement. Accommodations also do not apply to non-disability related circumstances such as work conflicts, vacations, or family commitments.
What is the accommodations request process? Participants are responsible for disclosing the need for accommodations in each course by directly contacting the PATHWAYS Theological Education, Inc. Executive Director (
PLEASE NOTE: Early and active communication is required as late notification may result in a delay or inability to fulfill a request.
What type of supporting documentation is accepted? The PATHWAYS Theological Education, Inc. accommodations team will review any relevant supporting documentation. However, the documentation must be in English or include a notarized English translation. Please also remove any social security numbers or other unrelated sensitive information.
Below are general documentation guidelines for your reference:
- Documentation presents a clear assessment of the disability or condition by a licensed provider with firsthand knowledge and relevant credentials.
- Documentation is signed and on letterhead from the licensed treatment provider. Please note forms and templates from other institutions may require supplemental information.
- Documentation is current, preferably within three years. (The age of the documentation may also be dependent upon the nature of the disability and the specific requested accommodation).
- Provides a statement of the functional impact and limitations of the disability or condition on major life activities. When applicable, also outlines a prognosis of the symptoms over time and context.
- Lists recommended accommodations with an explanation of the relevance of each to the diagnosed disability or condition.
Who do I contact? In order to initiate a request or to inquire about the process, please reach out to