MAKING SENSE OF THEOLOGY
Foundational Courses (Level 1) -TH10601 - 1.5 Credits
In this course, participants will learn how to reflect critically on their lives and the world around them using the resources of traditional Christian theology. They will learn to differentiate between embedded and deliberative theologies; articulate their own theology at this point in time; differentiate between their theology and those of others; and reflect on the importance of doing theology in community.
In addition to the objectives the learners identify for themselves, participants who successfully completes this course will be able to:
- Describe the dynamics behind embedded theology and deliberative theology.
- Identify and apply traditional resources that shape theological perspectives.
- Define the meaning and strengths of progressive Christian theology from there personal perspective and identify any associated questions or concerns they have.
- Discuss readings, conversations, social issues, and life situations in theological terms.
- Articulate one’s own theology in a final class project or statement.
- Recognize and appreciatively receive theological views different from one’s o