The Art of Worship
Foundational Courses (Level 1) - MP10606 - 1.5 hrs
This course explores worship in an overview that highlights but is not limited to the “Sunday morning worship service”. It considers the theological, biblical and historical underpinnings of Christian worship, the significance of the integration of “intensive” and “extensive” worship, individual and corporate worship, the sacraments and current worship issues and trends. The format of the course further seeks to “open the arts” in the art of worship in appreciation and celebration of our Creator-God.
- To identify key elements of worship and its various expressions within the Christian tradition.
- To summarize the theological, historical and biblical underpinnings of worship.
- To discuss worship preparations and practices, alone and in community, intensive and extensive, and there interdependence on each other.
- To describe baptism and communion narratives in light of calling and discipleship.
- To identify current trends and issues in worship